An “integrated coach approach”
Drawing on my personal and professional experience as well as my formal training as a teacher and a certified coach, I bring an integrated coach approach to my work with teams and my coaching practice.
Integration takes shape in different ways — it’s partly about combining knowledge and practices from different disciplines and applying this in new ways, it’s also about looking for patterns between ideas that might not initially seem connected, and it’s also about you and I working with our “full selves” — you are invited to come, fully completely, as you are.
Integration for me also means that coaching can take place in different forms and formats:
- online, by phone, or in-person
- in dedicated blocks of time or in smaller “micro bursts” often mediated by technology
- in the workplace or even on walks or other active pursuits in the outdoors
My coaching philosophy
Coaching for me is a methodical approach to learning and growth where we engage in a creative, collaborative, and reflective process that generates new levels of awareness, accountability, and purpose in achieving positive outcomes with long-lasting effects.
I view my role as a co-pilot — a thinking partner at your side. We’ll set the course and navigate together, sometimes I’ll grab ahold of the steering wheel, and sometimes I’ll push the gas or tap the brakes, but from the beginning to the end, you are the pilot.
The people I coach
I have worked with:
- Leaders growing into executive-level roles in not-for-profit and public sector organizations
- Experienced leaders entering a new position and inheriting an existing team
- New managers coping with the rapid change of tech and start-up environments
- High-performing team members growing into leadership roles within their team
- Entrepreneurs entering new stages of business growth
- Mid-career professionals re-orienting their career paths
- Successful professionals seeking work-life balance
- New teams learning to work together for the first time
- Established teams learning to work together in new ways
- Teams undergoing business process reviews
- Teams navigating the impact of digital transformation
While every person and every team’s situation is unique, what they all share in common is a commitment to a process that leads to tangible results such as:
- a shift in mindset and perspective
- clarity of vision, purpose, and focus
- increased levels of awareness, accountability, and commitment
- newfound momentum in taking action towards new goals
- improved career satisfaction
- healthy and sustainable work-life balance
- new levels of peak performance
- confidence and excitement with navigating the future
- UBC Certified Organizational Coach (COC)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Bachelor of Psychology (BA)
I am currently pursuing an ACC designation with the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
Work with me/let’s connect!
If you are interested in coaching, the best place for us to start is with a 30 minute chat online or by phone.
We can connect, talk through where you’re at, I can share my approach as a coach, and we can see if there’s a good fit — and if there isn’t, I would be happy to point you to another coach in my professional circle.
Book me for a 30 min chat
Every week I block off time for “Coaching Conversations”. Feel free to book me on calendly.com or schedule me in below:
“Sometimes in the waves of change, we find our true direction.”
– source unknown